CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Weekend

This was a great weekend. First of all I had Friday off except for a meeting in the morning(because of my new flex schedule I get every other Friday off) so after I finished at my meeting I came home and took a nap. Then I went to the gym for an excellent (and hard) workout.

When Josh got home we went to see an afternoon showing of Prince Caspian. We enjoyed it. I didn't like it as much as Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe but it was very good. I realized that it has been so long since I read the Chronicles of Narnia series that I forgot a lot of the story. When I was a little girl my dad would read to me every night before I feel asleep. We read through the entire Chronicles of Narnia series and then read the Complete Works of Sherlock Holmes.
That night Josh and I went to Olive Garden for dinner. This is one of our favorite places - it's even where we went on our first date!

Saturday started out with Josh going to a men's breakfast at church. My morning was much more fun - I went a got a facial that I won a gift certificate for in a silent auction. I just love being pampered. Massages, facials, manicures - anything. I don't think that I have enough money or time to do this regularly but I absolutely love it.

Later that afternoon Josh and I went on a bike ride. Definitely hard but we had a great time. I really want to start riding more. We went mountain biking on vacation last year and I was hooked.

The rest of today was relaxing...we cooked dinner, got ice cream and went to bed early.

I love weekends.

2 comments:

Now and Then Photography said...

Hey girl, I just came across your blog for the first time. It's so good to see how you guys are doing. I am still crying from reading the post about Nathan. Let me know when you are in town so we can get together.

Now and Then Photography said...

oh, this is Lisa Woods (McLendon)