CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 23, 2008

Hospitals

One part of my job that I don't necessarily enjoy is hospitals. More specifically Psychiatric Emergency Rooms. Over the past 2 days I have spent at least 10 hours in a Denver hospital's Psych ER.

It makes me sad to seea kid (or adult for that matter) struggle so much that we need to take them to the hospital. Whether the problem is biological or environmental it is still sad. The kids are either really scared or really angry at the whole situation. Plus, hospitals don't always run smoothly and 9 times out of 10 the kid and the family suffer because of it.

I can't really go into a lot of the details of the case I am currently struggling with, but please keep this family and the kiddo in your prayers. The foster family is working so hard for this little boy and it just seems like nothing is coming together the way we want it to. The county isn't doing what they need to do, the schools aren't doing what they need to do and even worse, the courts are slow to get involved to get things done.

I am still on call this weekend so I'm hoping thattoday was my last trip to the hospital for awhile.

0 comments: