CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

As everyone knows, yesterday was Mother's Day. I think that mothers deserve all the pampering and praise they can get. But this year I have mixed feelings about this holiday. As some of you know, my husband Josh and I have have had 2 pregnancies in the last year that failed. If the first baby has lived I would have given birth 3 weeks ago. If the second pregnancy hadn't been ectopic I would be due in October. So either way this would have been my first "real" Mother's Day.

Obviously this was a difficult day. I think it was especially hard because I was not with my husband. I was in Las Cruces, NM for my little sister's high school graduation party. I was able to be with my mom and sister for Mother's Day so I really enjoyed that.

I heard that there was at least one sermon preached on how Mother's Day is a blessing as well as a struggle for many. I appreciate that thought. I never realized how hard this holiday is on families who have had trouble having kids, have lost kids, or have lost moms. I had some very sweet friends who were perceptive enough to know that this would be a rough day and emailed or texted me kind thoughts and prayers.

Even if, and hopefully when, God blesses my wonderful husband and I with children of our own, biological or not, I think my view of Mother's Day will be changed. I hope that I will always be aware that this holiday (as well as many others) is hard on so many people that often get overlooked. I want to always be able to encourage and love on people who struggle through this trial.

0 comments: