CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 26, 2008

My tattoo

I 've been thinking about getting a tattoo for awhile now and today I finally did it!!! I got a star on my right foot (pictures below). The star has a bunch of different meanings behind it.

Reason 1. Stars stand for hope.
Reason 2. When I was in college and doing an internship I had a supervisor who gave me a star charm and said that star stands for Social Workers Take Action and Responsibility.
Reason 3. Josh and I have had a rough year and have been through a lot. After this most recent loss I kept thinking about a star as kind of a tribute to everything.
Reason 4. I love Texas.

So, I finally went today and got it done. Josh was there to hold my hand and he watched even though he hates needles. I didn't hurt near as bad as I was expecting. I'm pretty proud of myself for doing this. The thing I was most nervous about was not the pain or the fear of not liking it. I was more afraid of other people's reactions. I probably would have done it anyway, but I don't want a bunch of people I care about to disapprove.

I am really happy with how it looks - and I feel really cool. I've heard these are addictive and I'm not sure how that will go, but I'm excited about this experience.


8 comments:

Melanie L said...

Shiloh! It's amazing. I love it! And you...and the meaning behind it is so powerful...you will always have a story to tell. Love you! Thanks for the txt. :)

Sue said...

I'm impressed! Not just with the tatoo, which looks great, but that you actually got Josh to stay there with you. When is he going to schedule his?

Sam said...

Nice tatoo! I like that it has so many meanings, that makes it special.

Anonymous said...

Well,well, well!!! It looks like there is a trend developing in the Jones family. The star is cool !!
Be on the lookout for another member of the Jones family who just might get a tat before the summer is over.

Anonymous said...

Did my dad leave that last comment?

Josh

laura said...

i got a star tattoo on my right foot the day i turned 18 and your brother in law Jared was there to hold my hand! that's funny.
ps i like your blog!

amy said...

I love that!!! So fun to find your blog! How are you???

Leah said...

I noticed your tattoo on Sunday and meant to say something--I love it! I, too, have been thinking about getting a tattoo, but I am having a hard time coming up with what to get. Where did you go?