CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 2, 2008

I love flexiblity

One of the things that I love about my job is that it is so flexible. I tend to have several evening or early morning appointments or home visits a week so I can adjust my hours accordingly. It is great to be working with a team where we are all pretty independent. This week starts a new schedule that we are trying. The other girl that is full time, Lacy, and I are going to be working a flex schedule on Fridays. So we will each have every other Friday off. I'm super excited about this for the summer - that means I have a whole day to do nothing and be at the pool if I want to!
There are a lot of frustrating things about social work in general - bad pay, secondary trauma from all the stuff we hear all day, lots of rules and regs to follow...but the flexible work schedules is one redeeming quality.

0 comments: