CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Sissy Time

Yesterday I flew to El Paso to go see my mom and sister for my sister's high school graduation. It is actually just her graduation party. She graduates next Thursday. My trip here was an adventure. I was flying on United but when I checked in they asked if I was willing to take the next available flight and that I would get a free ticket out of it. I agreed and when I got to the gate I checked in with the desk to see what they thought the chance of me switching flights was. The nice lady told me that there was a Frontier flight that left just 5 minutes later but that it was at the other end of the airport. They were able to get special permission to tell me early if I would need to switch. So I had about 45 minutes to get to the other end of the airport. It was actually down in a basement!! I had to walk out on the tarmac to get on the plane. There were 3 planes lines up - one was empty (I walked onto that one first because no one told me where to go, it was completely dark and a little scary), the second plane was to Billings, Montanta and then mine to El Paso. There was a guy in front of the Billings plane to make sure that people didn't get on the wrong one.
So we finally got in the air for a 2 hour flight. I did get a ticket voucher that is good to anywhere in the united States for the next year. I haven't decided where I want to go yet....

Today we went shopping for Aletheia's party. The best part was after dinner. Something to know about me is that I have the hardest time waiting to open or especially give presents to people. Josh almost always gets his birthday presents at least a day early.

After dinner I gave Mom her Mother's Day gifts then gave Goober her graduation and birthday presents. I have spent months working on her present. You may or may not know that I make greeting cards and am pretty good at it if I do say so myself. I'll post a few pictures of my latest designs. Anyway, I made Goober 45 different cards. Some are thank you cards and some are just friend, any occasion cards. She was so excited to get them!! I was so proud of most of the cards. One of my dreams would be to one day be able to sell the cards and frames that I make. It's always great to be able to make money doing something you love.

Here are a few pictures - of cards and Aletheia's senior pictures.


1 comments:

Melanie L said...

wow, she is so grown up! :)