CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 1, 2010

2 Years

I was on the Winter Peak (Colorado Area-wide retreat) with Josh this weekend. It was a great weekend and I will try to write more about that later.

This is the retreat the 2 years ago (yesterday actually) Josh and my friend Melanie had to leave because I was in the hospital after about to have emergency surgery after finding out we lost another baby - this time due to an ectopic pregnancy. The past two years have been full of peaks and valleys - some of those valleys being in very dark places. But, this year I was at the retreat with a sweet, beautiful baby girl. Wow! God truly is faithful. During the weekend I had several things running though my head - a song and then a psalm.

"Well, everyone needs compassion
A love that's never failing, let mercy fall on me
Well, everyone needs forgiveness
The kindness of a Savior, the hope of nations

Savior, He can move the mountains
For my God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save
Forever, author of Salvation
Where He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave

So take me as You find me
All my fears and failures, fill my life again
I give my life to follow
Everything I believe in, and now I surrender, I surrender

Savior, He can move the mountains
My God is mighty to save, He is mighty to save
Forever, author of Salvation
He rose and conquered the grave, Jesus conquered the grave"
****************************************************
"How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me." Psalm 13

3 comments:

Sara said...

I think you posted this Psalm once before (or maybe told me about it?). And it became one of my favorite verses during our pregnancy journey. So glad the Lord led me to you during that dark time. You were and are such an inspiration!

K Dubb said...

Hey Jae learned how to play that song on his guitar last week and sang it at his last campfire devo. Good song choice.

Chez said...

I love how you share your heart on this blog, Shiloh. You're such an example of faithfulness to God through the good and the bad times. Love you!