CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 19, 2010

Favorite Things Friday - Cookbooks


Today's theme is cookbooks. I don't use a ton of cookbooks most of the time. I mostly use recipes I have written down or printed off that I keep in a box on my counter. Most of the time if I need dinner quick the things in the cookbooks are too complicated, take to long or require ingredients I don't have on hand. But they all sound yummy so I probably should use some of my million cookbooks more.

I have a few basic favorites - first is Better Homes and Garden's Cook Books. This is a classic. It has everything in it. It's nothing fancy typically but it's things that real people make on a daily basis.


The second is one that Josh had in his bachelor days that I have loved. It's called the 4 Ingredient Cookbook. Everything in it has 4 ingredients and there is a whole section that is all lowfat recipes. There are sections for appetizers, salads, veggies, main dishes, breads, desserts etc.  Some things have one ingredient that is ready made like a boxed cake mix for a dessert. It is easy and most of the things are really yummy, although some just sound like gross bachelor food- think bacon and cheese wrapped hotdogs.



I have several Rachel Ray cookbooks that I like when I take the time to use them. I also have some small $1.00 cookbooks that are breads and pasteries that are really, really awesome that I got at JoAnn fabrics.

I'm excited to see what other people's favorites are!

P.S. - Ashley, I like the theme's but I know it's work for you....I can help out coming up with them if you want, or we can take a break for awhile.

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm with you on the oldie, but the goody "Better Homes" cookbook. It has some of the best classic dessert recipes. It always amazes me when I take a pie or cake from that cookbook somewhere and people gush over it!

Ashley said...

Hey girl!
I actually already have a LONG list of themes! Lately, I have just felt like I "had" to do it & don't want to be that way! Maybe I'll just take a break or go to every other week or something! I'll think on it! Thanks for always posting your favorites, I love reading them!
Love ya!