CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 29, 2010

Life in my world lately

Ok here we go:

* My baby turned 6 months old on Tuesday (3/23). We celebrated by having all of the youth group seniors over the house for dinner. Unfortunately there was a snowstorm and the brave ones who made it out got stuck and ended up spending the night. Josh had made a delicious brisket, potatoes, corn and rolls and we had cobbler for dessert. We played games and watched The Blind Side (my new movie). Snow sleepovers and being a youth minister's wife are so fun! I love this senior class and am really going to miss them next year. They were just little 7th graders when we came to Denver and we have all grown up together. 

*At Addison's check up on Thursday she was 16 lbs, 3 oz and was 26 inches long. Wow! She did the best yet with her shots. I got to hold her while she got poked and then her Daddy got to cuddle her afterwards. Mom gets to be the bad guy. She is so, so fun right now! We like to play in bed in the mornings before we have to finally get up and go to work. She laughs, tries to grab our faces, loves to grab her toes, etc. She can roll both ways and tries so hard to crawl. She is making the sweetest babbling noises all day long. Oh, I just love it!


*Work is busy but good. We hired a new foster care director who will start the end of April. I'm excited for her to start. 


*I could not be more blessed to have Connie watching Addie during the days. Really. God knew exactly what I needed. 


* My mom has been really sick so add her to your prayer list. It started with what she thought was a cold that turned into a sinus infection. About 2 weeks ago she ended up in the ER with pretty bad ear pain and after the Dr. did a CT scan they discovered that her ear infection had gone into a pocket in her skull that I don't know the name of. So she has a severe inner and middle ear infections. She has been on intense meds for 2 weeks and nothing has happened. So, a doctor put a tube in her ear and apparently it fell out so they put in another one today. Hopefully this will finally help relieve the pressure and pain. Mom and Larry are currently in Austin. I guess it's good that they are in a place she lived for a long time and is familiar with while all this is going on. I told her that Addie and I may have to fly out there to take care of her. Or, maybe just take care of Larry since he is getting tired of all the cooking and cleaning....

*I am trying to figure out a way to meet up with my mom when she is in Tennesse to see my brother Sean. That way the last sibling can meet Addison. The problem is Sean is in grad school and his wife Ashley is a teacher and doesn't get out until June. I guess we will see if it works out or not. 

*And lastly, I am exhausted. I am actually going to my doctor on Thursday because something doesn't feel right - like this is beyond tired. I described it to Josh as feeling like I am drugged all the time. It's not a good feeling. I'm getting enough sleep, eating right, still exercising etc but I am just pooped. There have been a few night that I wake up to feed Addie and honestly have no idea what is happening or what I should be doing.  I could just be wimpy but I have a feeling that something is going on and it's beyond just mommy exhaustion. Anyway, my appointment is Thursday. 


I will end with one of my favorite quote that I have above my desk:
"We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures. " 

— Thornton Wilder

4 comments:

erin f. said...

Yeah, that doesn't just sound like mommy exhuastion...I hope you are ok and get it figured out and that your mom get's some relief also.

6 months has been my favorite age so far! So sweet to hear their voices and laughs.

Unknown said...

Hope everything is okay with you and your mommy, too!

Kaylee's Mommy said...

Praying for you and your mama! I hope the docs and God are able to help both of you! Sounds like ya'll have been busy lately!

Ashley said...

I will keep your mom & you in my prayers. Hope the dr can give you some answers & that everything is okay.
Love ya!