CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Updates a few days late

Last Thursday Josh and I went to the doctor the for what has become weekly checkup. So far everything continues to look ok. I am still progressing faster than they would like but nothing immediate. I asked the nurser practitioner if she had to bet on how much longer it would be, what would she say? Her answer was "I give you at least a week" That is only mildly helpful. At this point I still don't want Addie to come to soon, but I'm also hoping she doesn't wait until her due date. I'm pretty uncomfortable and I a week or two like this won't be terrible - any more would get really old. She is still sitting super low and I was about 50% effaced. A week ago the doc gave me medicine to take as needed to stop the contractions. I don't really like to take it though because it is actually a medication to lower blood pressure so it gives me super bad headaches and makes me pretty dizzy. The other option was a med that would make me jittery and shaky. Neither was really a good option.

Other than constantly wondering when she is going to come, everything is going fine. My mom flies in today. She has been in Canada and Alaska all summer in their RV. Since there is a chance Addison will get here early she and Larry got to Seattle and then mom will fly in today to stay until after she is born. Larry will come for a few days once Addison is here.

I'm going to brag on Josh for just a minute. He has been so incredibly helpful and sweet it is just unbelievable. Yesterday I kept asking what I could do for him - the poor guy was so worn out. All he would tell me was I should let him take care of me! I really don't know how I would have gotten through the past 8 months without him. I know we are going to need each other even more once we have a newborn and it is reassuring to see how supportive he has been already.

This picture was last week (I think). I'm probably just a bit bigger now but it is still pretty close.

2 comments:

JENNY said...

You look great!!

Ashley said...

You do look great! I will be praying for the healthy arrival of little Addison...whenever she decides she's ready to come. I have a feeling you may have a baby here before me!!!