CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 17, 2009

Recent Visitors

For the past two weeks my best friend Jackie Beth as been staying with Josh and I. This is the third year (maybe forth) that she has come for an aerial dance festival in Boulder. Aerial dance is basiclly like Cirque de Sole type stuff - trapeze, fabric, other weird steel frames, bunjees etc. It's pretty awesome. I actually wanted to take a class with her this year but being 8 months pregnant that didn't sound like a good idea.

While JB was here we didn't even get to spend a large amount of time together but it was so great just to have the day to day interactions when we both got home in the evenings. I love any time we get to spend together and wish we didn't live so far apart. Friends are a blessing.

Friday my dad and stepmom came into town for the weekend. We don't usually get to see them very often so this was a special trip. Pam thought it was really important that my dad see me pregnant and I am so glad that they were able to come. While they were here we worked hard on all of my current "nesting" tendancies. Pop and Josh painted the nursery and rearranged the furniture. Pam and I worked on going through boxes that Josh and I had not unpacked yet. Most of them were decorations so we hung up the ones that Josh and I wanted on the walls and then sorted through the rest of the stuff to decide what was going to Goodwill. I'm not putting up any pictures of the nursery yet because Josh has one more thing that he wants to finish before we post pics but I have some of the rest of the weekend. One of the funny things that my dad told me is that my belly actually looks smaller now than in pictures a few weeks ago. I think it's because Addison has moved down lower.

Pop and Pam have been sending Josh and I packages throughout this pregnancy. They brought us a few more things when they were here. One of them was a potty training toliet seat that looks like a baseball - it was hilarious! Baseball is one of the things that my dad and I share so that was a funny present.

The next doctor's appointment is Thursday. I have noticed that I am definitely getting more and more easily worn out. As much as I was hating bed rest restrictions a few weeks ago I almost hope the doctor increases them now. I'm trying not to focus too much on Addie coming early. I'm not super worried if she does come a few weeks early and the doctors feel confident that she would be healthy. I am mainly just preoccupied with wondering about the timing. I have had the due date in my head for so long and have been counting on that time frame - now with the possibility of delievering early it just increases my anxiety. I have started to worry a little more about the actual labor and birth. I keep telling Josh that I am worried I will be wussy and a whimp. I'm trying not to worry about it too much and not worry about the timing either. I am sure that Ms. Addison will grace us with her presence whenever she feels ready. Hopefully that will be at least by the due date and definitely not after.





3 comments:

JENNY said...

You look so cute, Shiloh!! Can't believe you are nearly there. You will do great with the labor and delivery. And, you will be an awesome momma.

K Dubb said...

i am loving your Pop's and Pam's shirts! :)

Leah J. said...

Your belly is SO cute! I always wore that green ACU shirt when I was pregnant with Casen - ha! Memories! I had a planned c-section ... a bit different ... but still a source of anxiety. Everyone is anxious because of the unknown. You will do GREAT with delivery and Josh will be a great daddy-coach!