CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 21, 2009

At last...

Nursery Pictures are here!

The room started out light blue. Josh spend a few days putting primer on the walls-


Then when my dad was here, he and Josh painted the walls a yellow that matched the bedding -



Then, Josh and I found a tree graphic that we agreed on. He projected and traced it on the wall, then painted in the brown. It was a tedious and tiring process but he was so excited about doing and sweet even when his shoulders and back were sore.


Finally, we put up the wall stickers that matched the bedding and they look great. I decorated the lamp I found to match. I made the three frames that are on the wall by using a window valance that came with the bedding that was too small - I cut up the fabric and covered the frames. The picture album is one I bought and put Addison's name on the cover. I am so excited to be able to put pictures in so she can see what we did to get ready for her to be here. The bunny's name is Flopsy. Josh and I went and made her at Build-A_Bear as a present to Addie from us. The whole thing has come together and I love it, love it, love it. The only thing missing (besides Addison of course) is a glider that I hope to get. I can't wait to sit and rock in the room with her and even before she gets here.




6 comments:

Melanie L said...

It's amazingly beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person tomorrow!

JENNY said...

you did a great job with the room! so sweet!

Leah said...

I love it!!!

Ashley said...

So cute! I LOVE the tree! Way to go guys!

Sue said...

It looks so good. The very personal touches make it so special and complete. Now we just need Addison - but not too soon!

Sam said...

Love the nursery, so cute!