CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Baby Class

Today Josh and I went to the Weekend Express Birth class at the hospital. They normally do a 4 or 6 week series but we couldn't fit it into our schedules over the summer. I was actually worried this past week that we wouldn't make it long enough to go so I'm glad we did.

It was a small class to start with - about half the size of their usual ones. Within the first ten minutes one of the women had a seizure or big blood pressure drop and passed out. So, even though we were in a building on the hospital campus it wasn't an actual medical building so the teacher called 911 while a class participant (who was an EMT) helped the woman. It started off the day with a bang.

It was a pretty good class. I started to get really overwhelmed right at the end - lots of information, lots of things to think about and lots of emotions. Overall it was good and informative. We talked a lot about, and practiced a lot of different positions to help with labor contractions, massage techniques etc. It was helpful and I think I have a better idea of what will be or won't be comfortable for me and the way my body is. We also talked a lot about being able to vocalize what we need during labor so that our husbands or whoever can help the best possible way.

I was nervous about watching super graphic videos but the stuff we saw wasn't bad at all. The teacher was also about to use some good visual aids that were helpful.

Overall it was a good day. Tonight I am hoping to maybe play a game with my mom and Josh after dinner then curl up with Josh and watch a movie. That was another thing that the class made me think of - I have been craving time with Josh even just sitting and doing nothing.

Tomorrow is the shower at church and I am so excited. I will post stuff about that later.

1 comments:

JENNY said...

glad you had a good class experience. we enjoyed ours too. hope you have a great shower today!!