CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Last nights' adventure

So yesterday we had our 35 week appointment. The doctor was more rushed than usual so I wasn't able to ask him all of the questions that I had. He did take me off of working at the office completely but said that I can work from home. He told us that my cervix is still thinning and Addie's head is at a 0 which is "engaged".

I was pretty stressed out after the appointment because I had other questions and I'm not excited about bed rest. Really, it's ok if she is coming early but I'm anxious about being on full time bed rest for 5 more weeks. A lot of that stress is about finances and not getting my full paycheck for as long as I was hoping to.

Yesterday after the doctor I took a nap and then ate dinner with my mom. I've been meaning to write about that and can't remember if I did or not. Mom flew in on Monday and will stay until a week or so after Addie is born. Anyway, last night Mom and I went to the fabric store and just watched tv. Josh and I hung out for a little while after he got home from church last night.

Around 10pm I started having more intense contractions - not super painful but worse than they have been up to this point. I took the medicine that is supposed to stop them but it didn't help. Around 11pm Josh and I called the after hours nurse line and they said to go into the hospital to get checked out. Josh woke up my mom and the three of us grabbed bags and headed to the hospital. It's normally about 40 minutes away and Josh made it in 30. We went into the triage room where they monitored my contractions for awhile and then basically just sent me home. The midwife that was working said that she didn't understand why the doctor had me on bed rest or medication to stop the contractions and that they aren't strong enough to stay at the hospital. I was kind of anticipating that this would happen anyway. I was feeling embarrassed and frustrated that we went all the way there for nothing but Josh keeps telling me it's better to be safe than sorry. I keep coming back to the frustration that the doctor said they think she could come anytime but there is still the chance it could be awhile. I don't like not knowing and feel like I'm on edge with every little contraction, pain etc.

So, we ended up going back home but I guess it was a good practice run. Josh was able to show my mo how to get to the hospital in case something happens while we are at home without him.

That's really about it. I hope that we don't have any more false alarms but I guess you never know. We are supposed to try to retake maternity pictures tomorrow since it was raining on Monday and Josh and I have the birthing class at the hospital all day Saturday. I am going to still plan on doing those two things but am not planning anything for after that. My shower at church is Sunday so hopefully we will be able to make it to that as well.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

What an experience!! I am praying that things go well & that Addison will cook for a while longer! And Josh is right-better safe than sorry...you don't want to have a baby in the car or at your house!! :)

JENNY said...

So sorry. Praying for you guys!!

Leah J. said...

Praying for y'all! It IS always better to be safe than sorry!! Don't be embarrassed! I went to the hospital with a false alarm too.

erin f. said...

That is an adventure! I am praying for you and Addison that she can stay put for a little longer.

The night that I had Ellie we went to the hospital and got all the way there and then I decided that I wasn't really in labor and we went home, and then we turned right around and went back because all of the sudden I KNEW that it was real!