CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 30, 2009

What's been going on lately

Well, we had a blizzard at the end of last week. We took some pictures of Josh measuring the snow that I will have to down load and post. We had over a foot but most of it melted pretty quickly over the next few days.
Thursday Josh worked from home knowing that the snow was coming in. I had to work for the morning but then the office closed so I got to come home early. That night we made a turkey roast, mashed potatoes (my favorite), stuffing and green beans. It was a gret cold weather meal.
Friday my office was closed again so I stayed home all day and alternated between sleeping and unpacking some boxes. Josh had a youth group boys fun night that he was the driver for. They went bowling and then to dinner. He texted me about 8 pm saying that he was getting to old to be the only adult with a bunch of crazy boys. He got stuck with the wild middle schoolers most of the night.
Saturday I had a Ladies Tea at church. It was a lot of fun although it was stressful getting there. While I was getting ready I realized that the dress pants I wanted to wear would no longer button. I had to use the Bella Band thing which I hate. Other people love it - to me, it is just annoying. Then, once I was finally ready I went to get in my car and it wouldn't start. I have been having trouble with the battery for awhile, especially when it's cold. I need to just bite the bullet and get a new one.

After the tea Josh and I went to Kohls where I bought my first maternity clothes. I got a pair of jeans, a pair of khaki pants and a pair of dress pants for the summer. They are all comfy and I am excited to wear them. I am trying to wait a little longer and still wear the few pants I have that do fit while I still can. Shopping for clothes helped me get more excited about this whole pregnancy thing. I've been struggling a lot to be excited since I have been so sick. Josh and I also started talking more about names so that helped too.

I have been sicker the last few days. I can't remember if I already said this so I'll just write it again. The doctor ended up taking me off of one of the anti nausea meds because I was really jittery, tired and had weird muscle spasms. I think the combo of what I was on was helping because since stopping the Reglan I have been sicker but the trade off is that I'm not jittery and tired. I'm almost 14 weeks so hopefully I will be done with this nausea and puking soon. Josh calls me Cutie McPukesAlot. It makes me laugh.

That's about all that's been going on with us lately. More soon.

2 comments:

Sam said...

So fun that you get to have snow days. I don't know about those things, here in the land of 80 degrees in February. I like Cutie PukesaLot, very fun!

erin f. said...

Hope the nausea fades out fast...now that I am finally feeling better (it took 16 full weeks before I did) I am doing much better in every way - it really starts to get you down when you feel terrible so much of the time. Hang in there!