CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 9, 2009

Updates

We got moved into our house on Saturday with tons of friends helping. It actually only took about 3 1/2 hours to move so that was great. I won't post pictures for awhile since right now everything is still in a million boxes. I hate moving. The packing part is fine - it's easy and I get to throw a bunch of stuff away or donate it. The part I really hate is not just the unpacking but the organizing and decision making. I cried for about 30 minutes because Josh was trying to ask my where in the bedroom to set up our bed. We have more physical space in the house but don't have the same storage space so that is a constant nagging frustration. Saturday night we went to get some dinner and stopped by Container Store on the way home. Just walking around in there for about 45 minutes helped me to feel a lot calmer. I saw a lot of options of things we can do for our kitchen (we don't have a pantry) and our closets. Maybe I should just spend 30 minutes a day in Container Store just to look and all the wonderfully organized spaces and chill out a little. I'm sure the unpacking will come along soon enough and then it will feel more like home.

Yesterday afternoon was not a great day. Somehow in all the unpacking my car was left unlocked and the battery died. Josh and I went to jump it and then go get gas when I realized that my someone had gotten into the car and gone through my wallet. My credit card, bank card, and other important things were still there. But, they did take about $75 in gift cards to Gap, and Target that I was saving to buy some good maternity clothes. They took all the cash and coins. However, the thing that was most upsetting was the $125 that I had hidden in a little secret spot. That was Christmas and birthday money that I was saving again for maternity clothes or other special treats. My mom does the same thing and has a stash in her wallet so it's just a habit to have the money there in case I need it for emergencies or I can save it for something. Whoever broke in left my ipod, stereo, and all the stuff that was still in my car from the move. Maybe they needed new clothes and cash more than I did. Obviously the whole thing was upsetting - especially if you add together stress from moving, pregnancy hormones, exhaustion and now not liking where we live.

Josh did have a good point as he was trying to calm me down. He said that it seems like Satan is really messing with us, especially me lately, in a lot of different ways. We have experienced lots of uncertainty and questions with the pregnancy, money stresses, me throwing up every day and feeling awful, family challenges, bad or busy times at work, etc. I am going to start trying to specifically pray that God will shield us from these temptations and trials and instead fill us with His joy and peace. I think too often we get wrapped up in what's going on and don't stop to look at why things may be happening and how we should be relying on God when they do happen. I know that Satan hates it when we persevere in tough times and remain joyful. I don't know why I don't stop to think that he could be throwing things in our way.

Thanks for listening.

2 comments:

Leah said...

Ooooo, I love the Container Store!!! I rarely buy anything there, but I love to look and dream. It is a very calming place.

Hope things are going well and you are feeling better about things.

Naomi said...

Take it easy, girl. I will be praying for you. I am super excited for you both! You will be terrific parents. Enjoy your time with just the two of you!