CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Tuesdays with Morrie

I read Tuesdays with Morrie a long time ago and I have the rest of Mitch Albom's books too. While I was packing I realized I didn't have a copy of Tuesdays. My sweet sister-in-law had a few copies so she mailed me one of hers. I started reading it on Sunday night and am already half way done. Last night as I was falling asleep I started thinking about the "Morries" in my life.

There are several people that I would love to just sit and listen to or talk with. It is such a blessing when I can soak up what they have to say. Some of those individuals are people that I met in college - Dr. John Willis, and Randy Harris. Dr. Willis would send out "Thought of the Day" emails and I always looked forward to reading them. When I read about Morrie I am often reminded of Dr. Willis - he would have students over for weekly meals and was always so energetic.

Another set of people that I look up to in this way have to do with missions. One of those people is Chuck Wilson. He lives in Austin and is an elder at Westover Hills Church of Christ where I grew up. Chuck was always very involved in mission efforts around the world. When I was in high school I would frequently go up to the church building in the summer and sit and talk with him about places he has gone and works that he was heard about or been a part of. From the time I was little he always empowered me to go and serve in other places.

There are lots of other people that I could write about but I thought I would mention only a few or else this would go on forever.

While I'm at it I will go ahead and give every one a baby update...
I'm still pretty sick. Last Friday I ended up going to get IV fluids because I was dehydrated. We have an appointment later this week but I'm not sure if they will do an ultra sound or just listen to the heartbeat. People are starting to say things like my stomach is getting chubbier. I don't think it really looks pregnant yet - just like I had a big meal and haven't been to the gym in awhile. Honestly there isn't a ton of stuff to update. We don't really know anything new and I'm still feeling about the same.

1 comments:

Sam said...

Sorry that you had to go get re-hydrated. It sounded like you might need it from the email you wrote me. Hopefully, you will start seeing some improvement in the next few weeks. Hang in there!