CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Finally

So it was actually longer than 24 hours but we successfully closed on our first home. It was about a 5 hour closing from the time I left work to the time I got back. We had to wait for paper work, clearances and a bunch of other stuff that I don't even understand. The people we were buying from were very nice and I felt bad that the holdups almost messed up the closing on the house they were buying. I think in the end everything worked out ok though.

On another note - I have a funny story about the stomach joys of pregnancy - Stop reading now if you get queasy easily.

This morning I was on the highway driving to work. After I left out apartment I stopped to get a bagel and juice because I hadn't had breakfast yet. Usually this is a good idea, today that was not the case. I just swallowed the last bite of my bagel when I had the sudden feeling that it was all coming back up. I quickly pulled to the shoulder of the road and was able to grab a plastic grocery bag from my floor board just in time. I was able to somehow take off my glasses and get my hair out of my face - both good things. I will spare you the disgusting details but bear in mind I had just finished eating.
A few minutes later most of the stomach spasms had passed and I was sitting in the car still trying to get up the energy to keep driving to work. At that point a tow truck pulled up behind me thinking I was broken down. After the driver I guess sat in the car, reported his location or whatever it is they do, he came up to my passenger window. I quickly rolled down the window and told him "I'm ok, it's just morning sickness, the car works great." This nice man's reply was to make a face that resembled the look I get when I open a tupperware container in the fridge that has started growing green fuzz and he said "Eww. Ok, Bye" and quickly retreated to his truck.
At that point I washed my mouth out and continued on the way to work with my breakfast in a bag next to me. All the way to work I was thinking to myself that I did not have another bag and the shoulder wasn't big enough for me to lean out of the car safely if I needed to do that. Luckily I made it through the day with no further incidents.

4 comments:

Kasey Lane McCollum said...

Hilarious and disgusting. Congratulations

Ashley said...

Funny story...although I know it was NOT funny at the time!! I hope & pray you start feeling better SOON!

Alisa N. said...

Lovely...I had a "Pull over & throw up" experience earlier in this pregnancy as well - SO much fun:)

Sam said...

Congrats on the house! Also, great gross story!