CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 7, 2008

The Sunday that everything was cancelled

When yesterday started off I was excited about my plan for the day. Josh is gone again so I had planned a day of doing things after church (which he does enjoy..)that he does not neccesarily enjoy. I went to church in the morning and then planned to go to a yoga class. I brought clothes to change into so as soon as church was over I left to go to the class. I changed, went to the gym and then found out class was CANCELLED.

So I decided to move ahead to the next thing on my list - going up north of Devner for a farmer's market. I got there, drove all around this cool little town while looking for the best place to park for the market. I finally asked someone who told me it was CANCELLED - no idea why, just cancelled.

By then it was raining a little so I drove back south of Denver to go home. Since I had some time due to cancelled yoga and produce shopping I went to Walmart to get my headlight replaced and oil changed. When I got there I was once again told that this service would have to be CANCELLED. This is starting to get a little irritating since the day before I had gone to Walmart to get it taken care of but the wait was 3 hours. The manager told me to come Sunday after church because it would be less busy - he failed to tell me it would be less busy because it was closed.

This could have turned into a rotten day but I actually enjoyed it. I went home, made a bunch of cards, went on a bike ride and made dinner. Hopefully next time I try to do this stuff it won't all be cancelled.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like how you said that since Josh was gone you were going to do things that he doesn't really enjoy doing, and the first thing on the list was that you went to church. A Youth Minister that doesn't like church... hmmm!

I know that is not what you meant by that, but it sure sounded funny to me.

Shiloh said...

Jared...I editted the blog just for you.