CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sean and Shiloh

This is Sean after I found a green marker!


Sean and I at Kadesh when I was a counselor and he was a camper


Sean and I when he was a baby.

I was feeling a Little guilty because I have posted things about my sister Aletheia, and my brother Jeremy but not my brother Sean. So I decided to rectify that situation.

Sean is 4 years younger than me. We had an interesting relationship growing up. It was always either Sean and I united against Jeremy OR Jeremy and Sean ganging up on me. Most of the time everyone loved Aletheia except for Sean who occasionally got jealous that she had assumed the position of the baby of the family.

Sean had (and probably still has) the unique ability to embarrass me. One of the best examples of this is when I was in high and I was taking Sean to the grocery store with me. It was summer time but he came out of the house in a bright red t-shirt that had a teddy bear on it and said "Have a Beary Merry Christmas". I got all upset and told him it was not appropriate attire. So then he went to the driveway and picked up a tire that we had just changed out and put it on like a hula hoop and said he was ready to go to the store. We went to the store and while he never did wear the tire we would frequently do silly things like have him pretend he was blind or pretend that we were spies.

When I was a junior in high school my mom and I were driving to my friends house so we could get ready for prom. I couldn't find Sean to say good bye before I left and was a little upset at him for it. We had been driving about 10 minutes when we heard a noise in the back of the car. All of a sudden Sean popped out from the trunk (there was one of those seats that would lie down so you could get into the trunk). My mom and I started laughing hysterically and I think she almost wrecked the car.

Sean and I also had a tradition when I was at ACU that whenever I would come home we would go on a coffee date to Monzart's - a great coffee house on Lake Travis in Austin. I really enjoyed those times with my brother and hope we get to make more fun memories in the future.

Sean is at Harding University now with his wife Ashley. He will graduate this May with a degree in something like Church History and Philosophy. He then wants to go get his doctorate. I don't get to see him enough but think about him often.

1 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

That's really sweet!!! Thank you for sharing your family with us.

JB