CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cheetahs



Since the last post was about bunnies I was inspired to write about another of my favorite animals. I have always wanted a cheetah for a pet. This is not a totally random idea though. When I was in Africa after my freshman year in high school we went to a reserve that was just cheetahs and lions. The lady who owned the park had a pet cheetah that she had raised from a cub. This cheetah rode around in her car with her. When it would run off she had a little terrier dog that she would send to the cheetah and then have the dog come back and the cheetah would follow. I got to pet this sweet cheetah .

Me and my cheetah friend in Africa, Summer of 1997


One of my favorite movies when I was a kid called Cheetah. It was about this brother and sister who were living in Africa for 6 months with their parents. They adopt a pet cheetah whose mother was killed. Basically they raise it then have to let it go so it can live in the wild. There is a dramatic ending when the Duma (word for cheetah is Swahili) is captured etc etc.

So my goal is to have a pet cheetah, even if I have to move to Africa to do it...

2 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Oh my! Okay, that's where we are different!!! :)

JB

Sam said...

I love the movie Cheetah! Good post, I can totally see you with a pet cheetah.