CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Bunnies


There are cute little bunnies everywhere in our neighborhood. Occasionally Josh and I will be in the car and I will yell "bunny" excitedly and he will almost crash into somthing. I have started trying to make this exclaimation in a calmer, quieter voice.

I love bunnies. When I was growing up our house was pretty much a zoo. We had a variety of pets ranging from turtles (found and bought), gerbils (one gerbil ate another), dogs (Tiffany was mine and the best), cats, fish, birds, bunnies, hamsters, hermit crabs, a ferret and even a goat. Since moving to Denver I have been having pet withdrawl. Until college I had never not had a least one pet, usually 2 or 3. Every once in a while I try to convince my husband that we need a pet. I completely understand that having a dog in our apartment building would be a pain as well as expensive. But I don't think that something little like a fish should be a problem.

Back to bunnies...yesterday I went on a walk while Josh was at a devo. During the 40 minutes I was gone I saw at least 13 rabbits. Several of them were cute little babies. This time I was actually able to pet one quickly before it jumped away. My long term goal is to actually catch one - whether that means chasing it and catching it or being able to lure it in with snacks. That way I can have a sweet, soft pet to play with and company while Josh is gone. I think it is a great idea.

3 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Oh my! That is funny. We have a house at the end of our street where there are at least 5 or 6 bunnies in the yard every night. I think they are actually their pets, but they just let them out to graze in the yard at night. They have started venturing down the street. I told David that if they get in our yard, one of them is mine. The other night one of them was two houses down. I was standing outside just waiting for it to come in our yard. It didn't. Bummer. I was like you growing up. We always had several pets and all different kinds at that. I love pets!!!

JB

Anonymous said...

good grief.

josh

Becky Martin said...

I love bunnies too. I look for them when I drive around and actually say hello to them when I pass them by. I just think they are so cute, I'd love to cuddle one someday.