CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Finally



Well, I FINALLY got pictures of my brother's wedding that I didn't steal off someone else's facebook page. As I was thinking about how to start writ ting about the whole event I decided it would be easier to do brief bullets of the highlights....

- I loved walking around Pikes Place Market on Thursday with Mom, Larry and Aletheia. We went to the original Starbucks, ate at the Crab Pot and I feel in love with Seattle.

- Thursday night I met Krista's family for the first time. She has an older sister with cerebral palsy (Leah) and a younger brother who will be a freshman at ACU (Tim). Her parents are great and the whole family, including extended family is very close.

-I got to go with Krista and our moms to pick up her dress on Friday. I was in charge of doing the bustle at the reception. Her dress was beautiful and reminded me a lot of my wedding dress.

- My dad arrived at the rehearsal dinner. Unfortunately my brother Sean could not make it because of airport delays. It was good to see the family though. Krista's gift to Jer at the rehearsal dinner was a Rosetta Stone language kit so he can learn Spanish. His gift to her was cue cards that he flipped as he told her how much he loved her (a little like in Love Actually). Krista is hard of hearing and has hearing aides. It was so sweet.

- The day of the wedding we went to get our hair done before going to the church to get dressed. I will go out on a limb to say I looked hot (not really but I didn't look awful)!!

- Getting ready was the usual craziness and fun. One of my favorite moments was when I pinned Jeremy's boutonniere on him - a very special thing for a big sister.

- There was a sweet slide show at the start of the wedding. I looked at the groom when the bride walked down the isle (a habit I picked up from my husband). Krista walked down to "Come Thou Fount" the same song that I walked down the isle to. Jae had the most wonderful smile and tears in his eyes. He is so head over heels in love!! Krista started crying and leaned on her dad's shoulder as she walked towards her almost husband. It was perfect.

- My sweet sister sang Sanctuary during the lighting of the Unity Candle. She has an amazing voice and was a beautiful bridesmaid.

-Jer also played his guitar and sang a song her wrote for Krista. My family is so musically talented (I do not have that gift).

- Jer's friend Cory Jones was his best man. It was really special that Cory was there since so many of Jer's friends were unable to come.

- After the wedding it was time to party!!! I rode with the wedding party in a limo to the reception. Surprisingly that was my first time in a limo that I remember.

- The reception was great. We danced, ate, did the toasts, danced some more, danced even more and then finally went home. I danced with my brother and my mom got to dance with her oldest son. Everything was beautiful and perfect except that Josh wasn't there.

It was a great wedding with the typical family stresses and frustrations at times. I was totally unprepared for how emotional it was for me to see my brother get married. My brother Sean is married but it was a much less elaborate event. Jer and I are only two years apart and struggled to get along as kids and teenagers. God has really worked in our family and in that relationship because now we are great friends and I love to be around him - something I thought may never happen. He has found his perfect match in Krista and I am so excited to continue to get to know and love her.


Jae and his best man Cory (the only friend of his that was actually able to come)


The new sisters!!


Aletheia and I


Jae and his sisters


Krista, Leah and Tim


Krista's family


My family

4 comments:

Ledbetter Fam said...

Y'all all look so beautiful!!! I loved reading about all that. Congratulations on your new sister!!

JB

Melanie L said...

Great pics! Everyone is so beautiful...even Jeremy! :)

Sam said...

Sounds like it was a great wedding! I am so glad that Jeremy has found someone he loves so much! You all looked beautiful, I can't believe how grown-up and gorgeous Alethia has become. Congrats to Jeremy and Krista!

Cheri said...

Oh my gosh what a beautiful event that was. I am so happy for Jae, his bride is stunning. I know that he did not enter the decision of marriage easily and therefore must love her beyond words.
You were a hotty! but you always have been.
Thanks for sharing such an awesome time.