CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Projects on my list

I have been feeling extra crafty lately and have lots of ideas but am lacking motivation. I really want to get some stuff done while Josh is gone this week since I am not allowed to do any of the "bigger" projects like rearranging furniture.

I thought I would post a few ideas that I have had and then hopefully later, the finished projects.

#1. I am making blocks with Addison's name for a shelf. I haven't decided on colors yet but am wanting to branch out of the red, yellow, brown nursery colors. I am also coming up with words to put on the other sides of the blocks so there are lots of options of what it could say.


#2. This has nothing to do with the baby's room but I saw the idea and thought it would be easy to do so I will give it a try - coasters from old magazines.


#3. Braided Rag Rug - I have been saving old jeans to make a rug and thought it was a good project to start on since I can sit and do it while watching tv etc. This will most likely go in our kitchen and if it goes well I will do another for the nursery.


#4. This is for Addison's room although not in these colors. I have my old bedroom furniture from when I was a little girl. Several years ago I repaint the dressers but I never did the chest that goes with them. It is the size of a chest that would sit at the foot of the bed for blankets and has the hinged lid that opens up. I want to paint it but then use a cool fabric for the top. The hardest part is going to be deciding on the colors to use. I want it to be the same blue as the dressers but with added color. I plan on walking around JoAnn's for awhile today to see what I can find.



#5. Last but not least, I just got these two stamp sets and am itching to use them!

1 comments:

Sue said...

I've always loved the braided rugs, but never had the motivation to make one. Hope it comes out great!