CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 13, 2009

Glucose Test #2

After fasting since last night I went in this morning for the 3-hour glucose test. I drank the stuff fine but then right before the first blood draw it all came back up. I cried because now I have to go back in on Thursday and try again. I did learn that I can take my anti-nausea meds in the morning though. Today I didn't take them because they told me not to. I really think this is all more trouble than its worth.

I have been feeling pretty good overall but had a little meltdown yesterday. I was just so tired and worn out! I've done "ok" with all the crazy hormones so far (although I'm not sure Josh would agree) but yesterday afternoon I guess I just needed to cry. I don't do that very often. Part of the stress was that e
very time I look around our house I am aware of just how much there is to do and I just don't have the energy to do it. Josh keeps telling me to make a list this week while he is gone and he can work on it when he gets home but I don't think that's fair. He will only be home for a week and then leaves for mission trip for a week and I don't want him to get worn out before that.

It will all be so worth it in the end so I just have to get through about 2 more months!

2 comments:

Alisa N. said...

my dr. let me eat a meal to test my glucose, instead of drinking that horrible stuff(Which is what I had to do with Michael). You should ask about doing the meal! It was much easier:)

Courtney said...

I'm sorry this has been so difficult for you. Just try to stay calm and take one day at a time. A list is a good idea though because it at least helps you get it all out of your head where it feels chaotic and into a little bit of organization on paper. You almost there and sweet Addison will be so worth it! Plus, she won't know what's "ready" and what's not.