CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

The voice of God

On Wednesday nights Josh is teaching the youth group a modified version of the Experiencing God curriculum. This past week the class was about hearing God speak. Not literally, as in hearing a voice from a burning bush, but more about hearing what God is trying to tell you. It was a really good discussion and I think the kids got a lot out of it. One of the main points of the lesson was that you can't hear God speak to you if you don't know Him and recognize His voice.

While I was sitting in class thinking about different times I have felt God speaking to me in my life I had random thought. I really hope that the audible voice of God sounds like James Earl Jones. Really, have you ever thought about it? He has the greatest voice ever. He even plays Mufasa who is a god-parallel in Lion King (greatest Kadesh movie ever). I could hear God sounding like James Earl Jones when he is laughing as He created the giraffe, or as we do silly things. But, hearing when Mufasa gets mad at Simba, I can definitely hear that being a stern voice of God too.

I know this is totally random but I though it was kind of a cool thought.

1 comments:

Allison said...

This is SO FUNNY because I have said the EXACT thing for as long as I can remember. I have always thought that God's voice had to sound like his. That is hilarious! I thought I was the only one who thought about that, and thinks of it every time we watch the lion king!