CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Everybody Loves Raymond

Have you ever watched this show? It cracks me up! But, when I do catch a rerun on t.v. it also reminds of how lucky I am - I could have gotten stuck with in-laws like that! Yikes. Instead I completely lucked out. I love Josh's parents. Yeah, I do get teased a lot, mostly by Gary, but I can give it back to him to at least keep it even. Josh's mom Sue and I like a lot of the same things, read the same books etc. so I love to hang out with her. From the time Josh and I engaged (even a little before that) I felt included in their family. It helped that the first 6 months we were married we lived in Arlington so we were able to hang out a lot. But honestly, there have been few times that I can remember feeling like an "outsider", that they were too involved etc. I'm not sure we would want to live across the street from Gary and Sue, but I'm also fairly sure they wouldn't want us living across the street. I do wish we lived closer though - Colorado and Texas are pretty far apart. Josh and I do love it when we can visit. Sue especially always plans fun, unique stuff for the family to do and we get a little spoiled. I have friends who dread when their in laws come visit or they have to go to see them. That whole idea and stereotype is so foreign to me.

Yeah, I definitely got lucky.

3 comments:

BrandyMcD said...

One of my most favorite shows on television!

Sue said...

Thanks, Shiloh
I love finally having more girls in the family, and I'm so glad you feel comfortable with us.
Across the street might be too close, but maybe someday at least a little closer would be nice. At least we have great places to visit.
Love you,
Sue

Now and Then Photography said...

Hey Lady,
I just wanted to say Hi! Let me know when you guys are in town next and we can get together. Oh how is Jared by the way?
Love ya,