CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Vacation Part 1

Over the summer I got a free plane ticket and have been planning for months what to use it on. I decided that I wanted to go to Austin for a few days and also spend some time with some friends from college.

Last Friday I flew to DFW and was able to spend 2 great days hanging out with JB Shilcutt and Kasey McCollum (we forgot to take a picture!). We had such a great time together. These girls were my two very best girl friends in college and I have missed them!

After that I stayed with Josh's parents and went to Pleasant Ridge on Sunday morning (my birthday) then I drove to Austin. Josh's mom was kind enough to let me take her car. I stayed with my Aunt and had a really nice visit with her.

Monday I had breakfast then set out to get reaquainted with the city I spent the majority of my childhood in. I lived a lot of different places but I onsider Austin home. I haven't really lived there since I left in 2000 to go to college. Austin has changed a lot since then - they now have toll roads and huge highways out near where I lived - that used to be all country.

I was able to get around with out getting completely lost. When I was growing up there was a road that my family drove on the way to church on Sundays. When we moved to Austin the first time (I was about 8) we named this road "The Dip Road" due to the multiple fun dips that we would try to get my parents to speed up for. The dip road (it's real name is Old Spicewood Springs Rd) is one of my favorite roads in the whole world to drive on.


Monday afternoon I went up to Westover Hills Church of Christ (where we went when I lived there) and had a great time hanging out with Rick McCall - my old youth minister. He's now in a different ministery role at Westover but I will always thin of him as my youth minister. It felt so good just to be able to sit and talk with him - there is something very comforting and familiar about it.

After that I started driving towards down town and the UT campus. I didn't get to go everywhere that I wanted and missed not going to some of my favorite stores and things but I ran out of time. I walked around the UT co-op and campus - the Hex rally before the A&M game was that night so there was a lot going on.

I took this picture of the Capitol and then played with it a little on the computer...



Monday night I went to dinner with a group of old friends. More about that next time!

0 comments: