CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Global Warming

This is the first year that Josh and I have been in Colorado that it is not freezing cold and snowy by now. We got some snow at the end of last week but it is all melted by now. Today the high is 67. Tomorrow the high is 75 - near a record! Normal I love warm weather and am sick of the cold but this is getting a little strange. I am having a hard time getting excited about the holidays because it's warm outside. I have been looking forward to making things like beef stew, chicken noodle soup etc but it's weird to do that when it's warm enough that I can wear a t-shirt on a walk. I used to think it was cool to wear shorts on Christmas but after living in Denver for 4 1/2 years I have gotten used to the cold, blizzards and snow.

Maybe this is global warming, maybe it's just a weird year. Either way - every should try to conserve energy so that Denver won't get as hot as Texas!

1 comments:

Melanie L said...

yeah we actually broke a record here in Cheyenne today... 70! (The previous record was 65 in like 1949.) I totally feel ya!