CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Random News.

This weekend I am going to a Women's Retreat with University Church. I am so excited!! I have been working on planning this retreat for about 6 months and I am anxious to see how it will come together. My mom is even going to get to come since she and Larry will be in the area. Jeanane Reese is the speaker - I had several classes with her in college and am excited to hear her speak. The theme is 2Corinthians and "Freedom".

The retreat is up in Grand Lake at Snow Mountain Ranch and it is so so beautiful up there. This facility is truly like a resort - no camp bunk beds with gross mattresses or freezing cold water. This place is huge and each room has 2 queen beds with linens and a fold out couch and a bathroom. It is great! Hopefully the weather will continue to be beautiful while we are there.

I will definitely write an update when I get back.

On another note - I have now memorized James 1 and 2 although I keep getting stuck on parts of chapter 2. I feel like I've kind of hit a wall and am having a hard time going further without forgetting the early stuff I've learned.

1 comments:

Sue said...

Have a wonderful weekend. I hope your hard work pays off in amazing ways. Look for signs of success in some less obvious places - it's not all about numbers. I pray for safety, fellowship, and growth for all who attend.