CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 13, 2008

Anti-social

I feel like my blogging, or lack thereof, has been rather pathetic lately. So, I apologize to everyone who faithfully checks my blog and has been disappointed lately.

I think I am going through an anti-social phase. Part of that is probably due to being extremely busy and having a "to-do" list that causes me to panic every time I think about it. I also feel like there has been quite a bit of stress and drama in my life during the past few weeks. I have also begun to realize once again that my husband and I do not get to spend much time together during the week - at least time when we are both awake and functioning and that makes me grumpy. Add grumpy to tired and irritated and it is not a pleasant combination. One thing that I know about myself is that when I am tired, stressed or overwhelmed I tend to over-analyze and get upset about small insignificant things. I also begin to loss control over my internal sensor. The result is saying things more bluntly than I should. In perhaps an effort to combat all of this, I have been retreating to spent more time with books, quiet, the gym, long walks and naps. Eventually I will have to come out of this phase where I avoid people, phone calls and any drama that I am not getting paid to deal with. But for now, I am content to be anti-social and melancholy.

I will most likely keep posting short and probably random thoughts so that you all know I'm at least still alive and able to access a computer. But don't except anything incredibly insightful or moving.

5 comments:

Chez said...

I get the exact same way when I'm busy & stressed. I hope you and Josh are able to spend some nice, stress-free time together soon. Love you girl!

JENNY said...

I get the same way, too! Hope you have a great, restful week.

Melanie L said...

Who ever said that books and naps were a bad thing? :) Different seasons, sweet girl. Sunshine will come again.

Leah J. said...

There is nothing wrong with being anti-social! I find myself doing that when I am busy and stressed as well. Take care of YOU!

Sue said...

Just don't give it up completely! I love reading your posts.