CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The fun begins

Today is the start of the NBA 2008-2009 season. I liked basketball before I married Josh but now my interest has definitely increased beyond casual like. My favorite team is the Dallas Mavericks. Now that Josh and I live in Denver we try to go to the games where the Mavs are in town to play the Nuggets.

I really like Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash. In fact, I frequently get made fun of because one of the things I like about them is that they are such good friends. I know it's a girly reason, but I think it's great - they used to hang out all the time and are still good friends now that they are on separate teams, Dirk is even the god-father for Nash's daughters. There was actually a Sports Illustrated article either last year or the year before about how they have stayed friends even though they now compete against each other.



So, yeah, its not a typical reason to like players but I don't care. I love the sport and if the players are good guys who are good role models it just makes things even better. I'm sure there will be more posts about basketball, Nash, Dirk and players I truly don't like (Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, etc) through out the season. Stay tuned....

6 comments:

Melanie L said...

shut your face.

GO SPURS

David Robinson. Champions. The End.

Shiloh said...

Mellie - I'm not sure we can be friends anymore....

Melanie L said...

ha, we should TOTALLY go to a game together. I think we could agree on one thing: Nuggets fans are the WORST!!!

Anonymous said...

David Robinson: Retired. The end.

Melanie L said...

Yes, anonymous, but if you're going to like a team for the players, he was a darn good reason to start liking a team. :)

Ledbetter Fam said...

I am right there with you!!! I love that relationship between Nash and Dirk. That's why I was so sad to see Nash go. Bummer!

JB