CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Stroller Meltdown

The past 48 hours have pretty much stunk. Yesterday Josh and I went to Babies R Us and realized that the stroller/car seat combo we wanted had been discontinued and no one let us know. So, we had to try to pick out another one. There was one that was basically the same as the original just different fabric and $70 more. Then we went to Target and found one that was cheaper but about 30 lbs heavier. So, I started crying, upset because I couldn't even pick out a stupid stroller and car seat. Eventually I found one on line at Target that was a reasonable price and still lite weight with the other features we liked. Crisis solved.

Today I had another meltdown or two. The first was putting away clothes in Addie's room and trying to figure out where to put things. I am having lots more anxiety lately that I am going to do a terrible job taking care of this tiny little person.
The second meltdown was a the doctors appointment this afternoon. I was already worried that she would tell me that nothing much had changed (which she did) and it didn't help that they were running 45 minutes behind and my blood pressure was high. I have been getting so easily overwhelmed and unfortunately my body's first response is tears. I think I have cried more this week than in the last 3 months of the pregnancy. I hate crying. I really, really hate crying. It makes me feel stupid. I've also been completely over analyzing everything. I get so worried that other people are upset that it makes life worse. Hormones suck. I honestly thought I had been doing really well most of this pregnancy - I've been easily frustrated and more sensitive lately but the crying at the drop of a hat is new.

Back to the doctor's appointment - I'm dilated to a 1 which is an improvement over last week I guess. I can stop taking the medication to stop contractions and I can do more activity now too but it could still be 24 hours or 28 days. I'm praying she comes early - the doctors have no more concerns about her development or health if she comes now and I am super uncomfortable with her head being so low. We also got and put together my glider tonight and Josh also finally packed his hospital bag so I really am ready whenever she decides to come out.

4 comments:

rebekah said...

I think that every mom has those worries over the care of this little person that is fixing to come into their life! But girl YOU are going to be an amazing mama! Just remember to pray, A LOT! And for the uncomfortable, there are ways to help improve the chances of her coming, like...uuummmm how should I say this, SEX. Yes there is a chemical in the male semen that when released into you can help jump start Addison coming...TMI I am sorry ppl! There are other things too but you can e-mail me for those if you want lol! Just relax lady and enjoy your mama ans hubs!

K Dubb said...

I love ya sister! Hang in there. Let Jesus take over your worries. Hugs to you!!!

JENNY said...

i am so sorry...i understand the hormone thing. i really don't like crying either. praying for you!

Lindsey Stokes said...

Some day when I am preggers i am going to be calling you because the whole crying and feeling stupid thing is right where I will be. Don't worry she will come and be wonderful and your love for her will make all of the tears and anxious days worth it!! Praying for all 3 of you!!