CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Fall

In order to not think about being frustrated at the doctors for telling me Addie would come early and at myself for believing them I thought I would write about something non-baby related.

I love fall. The last few days the weather here in Denver has been much cooler. It has been rainy and even snowed a small bit in parts of the city. It is supposed to warm up again in a few days so this is really just a teaser. I love so many things about this time of year and thought I would list a few.

1. Colors - the darker colors of oranges, reds, dark green, grey etc are some of my favorites. They look warm and cozy and I love clothes in those colors.

2. Sweaters and cozy pants - Soft sweaters, sweatpants, fleece jackets, scarves etc. It just makes me think of snuggling up with Josh, talking a walk outside etc.

3. Retreat - fall is when the youth group retreat happens and it is one of my favorite activities of the year. Josh always does a great job with coming up with a theme, lessons and a balance of fun activities as well as deeper spiritual activities. This is last years retreat...


4. Football - I don't necessarily like Josh zoning out all afternoon on Sunday but I do love football. Especially the #2 Texas Longhorns! This is also the second year that I am playing in a Yahoo Pick 'Em league where you pick the winners of each NFL game and give them "confidence points". Last year I was the only girl and did really well. This year I convinced my sister in law Lauren to play too. I'm doing ok so far - 5th place out of 15.



5. The smells - I love fall scents like spiced pumpkin, apple, nutmeg, pine and others. I bought a bunch of different scents in the melting wax things. They came with ideas on how to mix the smells too so I am excited to try some of those.


6. Yummy fall foods - there are too many of these to list but some of my favorites are soup or chili in bread bowls (we are actually having that for dinner tonight), pumpkin bread, homemade caramel corn, stew, hot tea, sweet potatoes and apples.




7. Aspen leaves- Aspen trees are my favorite and this is the time of year that they change colors. On Saturday my mom and I drove up to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park to see the colors. They weren't at the peak yet but they were still amazing.


8. Decorating my house - I love all of my fallish decorations. This year since there is a lot of other things taking priority I'm not doing very much but I just love any sort of fall decor - wheat, leaves, beautiful colors, pumpkins, anything really.

That's all for now. Is there anything that you love about this time of year?

1 comments:

Sara said...

I'm happy to see that by changing your focus off of Addie, she decided to show up just a few short hours later. Congrats again, Shiloh!