CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 28, 2009

Going home and a few firsts

We were able to go home on Saturday afternoon. Addie was still just a little bit under the line of needing to be under lights (the limit was 14 and her results were at 13.9). But, she had gained a few small grams which is way better than still losing weight. They set up a home nurse to come on Sunday rather than waiting until the middle of the week. When she was here she checked Addie and said that she gained another ounce and her jaundice numbers were significantly lower. They still want me to supplement with donor milk and keep waking her up every 3 hours to eat for a few more days. We will have another nurse visit tomorrow to see how she's doing.

My milk has come in or at least is doing much better. When we feed her I will nurse then give her bottle of supplement then pump. So, it's a long process and especially in the middle of the night I hate having to wake her up to eat because it takes forever. I cannot wait until I can just nurse her when she is hungary so we can all get some more sleep.

I had a rough night last night with being sore from nursing as well as just normal soreness from the delivery etc. I was so tired that everytime I would wake up I was totally disoriented. I kind of lost it about 6am and just cried. My mom took Addison downstairs with a bottle so Josh and I could sleep straight for at least 3 hours. It was awesome. It really has been a huge lifesaver to have my mom here. She has been cooking, cleaned my whole house, offered much needed advice and endless encouragement. I'm already dreading when she will leave on Friday and I'm already thinking of when Addie and I can fly out to visit. Larry flew in on Saturday and that has been fun too. He has the hardest time not just picking her up to hold her constantly!

We gave Addie her first bath at home on Sunday and took a short walk around the neighborhood. Today we went to Washington Park (an awesome, huge park with lots of great paths) and walked for awhile and took some pictures. It was a good afternoon and Addie and I both handled the outing pretty well. I am hoping that before Mom and Larry leave we will be able to go for a drive to the mountains to see the leaves changing colors.

That's about it for now - enjoy the pictures!
Hospital visitors -
Mom (Grammy)- Well, she wasn't really a visitor since she was with us helping a lot of the time....


Thayne and Joan McKnight - they are a precious couple at church who have been so special to Josh and I. Right after our last miscarriage their son and daughter in law lost a little girl so we have bonded and healed together through that.



Melanie Larson - she drove all the way from Cheyenne to come visit for a few hours. Mel is an incredible friend who has been praying for Addie since she found out I was pregnant. She was at the hosptial with Josh after my ectopic surgery and it was so special that this visit to the same hospital was for much happier circumstances.


Connie Monsees - Connie will be watching Addie for us when I go back to work. Her family is very special and such a blessing to Josh and I.


Sheila Wheeler is one of my good friends at church. She has a sweet little boy Brayden who is just over a year old. Maybe Sheila will be Addie's future mother-in-law?


Caren Monsees (Connie's daughter) - Caren is a senior in the youth group this year and can't wait to babysit!


In the car seat headed home from the hosptial.


The new family before we left the hosptial.


Grammy and Grampy with the new grandbaby - She is so loved!


Daddy and Addison in front of some flowers at the park.


On a walk in the park.

3 comments:

Alisa N. said...

Congratulations Shiloh! She is beautiful! I love her hair:) Hang in there - the first few weeks can be tough, especially because of the lack of sleep. But I promise it gets easier:)

Naomi said...

Yay! Congratulations!She is a doll! I agree. It gets much easier! Don't be afraid to ask for help. Love to you all!

JENNY said...

I am so happy for you guys. She is so beautiful and you look fabulous!! Glad you are all doing well. Hope and pray she continues to gain weight.