CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Grateful

Since the past week has been pretty rough for me, I decided to make a list today of things that I am grateful for right now.

1. Josh - He has been so incredibly patient, understanding and helpful. He also always makes me laugh at just the right times. He will do something silly like poke my belly and then say "Addison likes it. She told me"

2. My Mom - She has now been here for almost two weeks. This is longest she has ever been apart from her husband Larry and I know that is a huge challenge for both of them. She has made me meals, cleaned my house and hugged me when I cry. She will be here until Addie comes and then for a little while afterwards. It was hard to be pregnant when she was in Alaska and Canada all summer and even though we weren't sure when Addie will come she decided to come early just in case and to help out.

3. Swimming - I have loved being in the water the last few weeks. I don't necessarily notice that my belly feels a lot lighter when I get in the water, but once I get out I definitely notice that it feels heavier.

4. Books- I have always loved to read but while being pregnant reading has been a sanity saver sometimes.

5. My boss and my team at work - The agency I work for is small and my foster care team that I work directly with is 3 other women and my boss (the only man in the whole agency). They have been incredibly flexible and supportive during the whole pregnancy but especially the last few weeks while my work schedule had to change and now I'm working from home.

6. Sonic Ice - One of my favorite things has been to get a large water with lemon and then eat the ice.

7. Foam Rollers - if you don't know what this is - sorry, it is a little hard to describe but it is a dense foam cylinder that I use to stretch. It works wonders on my hips and thighs when they are sore. I got mine at my gym but they also have them at target.

8. Bath and Body Works Sugar Scrubs - they feel so good and have helped exfoliate and moisturize my skin (especially my belly) so it doesn't itch.

9. Linda - this is the nurse practitioner that I see every other doctor's visit. She is so sweet and patient with all of my questions. She has seen me off and on throughout our whole history of the miscarriages etc and that always makes me feel better.

10. Other people - Our church family and friends have been so supportive! I was overwhelmed at the generosity at our baby shower and so many people offer to help with anything. It has been good for Josh to know that there are also people who can help out with youth group stuff when ever he is home with me.

That's it for now. There are so many more things that I have been thankful for but I am needing to take a nap. Hopefully Ms. Addison will decide to come meet us soon!

0 comments: