CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Wes


This picture is about 4 years old but it's all I could find on Josh's facebook page.

Wes Encalade is one of Josh's best friends and a guy he looks up to. I love it when they get together because the two of them are simply hilarious around each other. As far as I know they only time they have ever been mad at each other was when Josh pushed Wes into a spider web in high school - that is a funny story.

On Tuesday Wes completed his final chemo treatment. He has been going through chemo for the past few months after having a testicular tumor removed in December. In January or February some tests showed that there was evidence the cancer had begun to spread. The chemo has been rough but thankfully tests show no increased markers or signs of cancer.

I cannot imagine all that Wes, Naomi and their families have gone through the last few months. But, I am absolutely certain that God was involved and working every minute of this trial. The church family in Dension has been supportive, encouraging and helpful through out this whole process and I know Wes and Naomi and grateful for that. I am hoping that Josh will get to go spend a few days with Wes in May - it was hard on him not being close enough to really help out during all of this.

For all of you that have been praying for Wes during this time - thank you. I know lots of people will be continuing to pray that there are no problems in the future. Right now my prayers of praising God for His faithfulness in all of this.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can think of one other time in the fall of 98 when I wasn't too happy with Josh - but he fixed that pretty quickly. Thanks for the prayers and for all the sweet words. Great blog Shiloh. Love you guys!
-Wes