CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Something I hate

I was watching a movie on tv yesterday and noticed something that made me pretty mad. Whatever movie I was watching on TNT would bleep out the word that could also mean a donkey but would leave in the name of God as a curse word. There was another word that was bleeped out that seemed a little stranger when there were several others that were not also.

This is so sad and frustrating to me. I don't understand the logic of leaving in "God Damn It" but taking out "ass" (I apologize if typing those words offends anyone - just a reminder that I am not actually using them). I also will not understand why it is ok for shows and movies to talk about everything from intimate homosexual relationships to explicit drug use but its tabboo to talk about faith, prayer or God.

Unfortunately many of the things that are discussed are an everyday part of our society and in a way we have become numb to them. But I don't want to live as though talking about my Savior and my faith is a tabboo subject. We should be just as proud, actually, so much more proud, of that as people are about the sexual choices and party lifestyle. I don't like to focus on the negative things that are going on (even though there would be plenty to think about). Instead I like to think about the positive things that are happening - there are more programs than ever now that help break the domestic violence cycle, stop substance abuse, provide services for underprivledged familes and support teen moms. I don't think society is quite all bad but there are some things that definitly make me angry and are so so backwards.

1 comments:

suzspeaks said...

I agree completely and have noticed the same thing on tv. It is really sad to me the state of our society and how far from the truth we are sometimes. I figure that within the next few years, we as christians will be even more limited in what programing we watch on tv. I mean, even shows on tlc have "family" shows with same sex couples! I guess it is reality......but I don't like it either!