CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 22, 2008

One Year

This weekend marked a year since Josh and I had our first miscarriage. It was a tough weekend to say the least - Josh is out of town at ACU's Lectureship so that didn't help either. It has been a challenging year having not only one, but 2 losses, surgeries etc. But instead of writing a sad, depression post I decided to write a list of the good things that have happened in this past year and some of the ways that God has blessed us.
- I got a new job that I (still) love.
- We spent a great Christmas in Arlington with Josh's family - the first time we have all been together since Jared and Lauren got married.
- Josh took me to see the White Christmas musical for my birthday.
- My brother Jeremy got married to a wonderful girl.
- My sister Aletheia graduated from high school and started college.
- Josh and I were able to go on several weekend trips in the mountains.
- I found out about a new missions opportunity I can get involved in.
- Josh planned his first ever "Family Retreat" at University where Bob and Jerry Strader spoke and it was wonderful.
- Because of our pregnancy struggles we (especially me) have formed some new and close relationships with others who have gone through this.
- Josh's parents came to visit us.
- The youth group was able to go to Mexico for their first ever non US mission trip.
- We bought a car.
-Several different friends and family members came to visit.
-And...we have been able to get closer to God and each other in incredible ways.

Hopefully this next year will bring even more blessings. I know we will always have struggles but it is my hope that through those we look to God and that the joys outnumber the sorrows.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are truly a blessing. I love you Mom

Sam said...

I think it is great that you are able to focus on the good things in your life, instead of the bad. I really admire that about you! Love you!