CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

ACU drama

Last week I was having dinner with Josh and he told me about a story he read in the Optimist on line. I honestly could not believe it. Apparently the SA President this year is black and a few weeks ago he walked into his office to find a noose lying on his chair. ACU is doing an extensive investigation and this story has been on the news nationally.
Here are a few links to the story:
http://www.reporternews.com/news/2008/Sep/08/no-suspects-named-in-acu-noose-case/
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=5759967&page=1

When Josh was telling me about this awful incident it made me feel physically ill. I don't understand how things like this still happen, much less that they are happening at a Christian College. Shouldn't we have made more progress than this? In an era where there is a giant melting pot of ethnic backgrounds, beliefs and cultures I would hope that we would be more supportive and accepting of fellow believers. I do applaud the ACU community as it has responded to this incident with outrage and a message that this will not be tolerated. I think this also serves as a reminder that as individuals, and communities we all still have a long way to go to love like Christ.

2 comments:

Sam said...

Whoa! That is crazy! It is a sad state when a college like ACU can still have so much hate. So sad.

Alisa N. said...

I'm so glad to know you have a blog! They are the greatest:) I am so sorry to read about your pregnancy struggles - y'all will be in my prayers. I look forward to catching up through our blogs:)