CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Fake Fall

I love fall and I am looking forward to writing a post about it when it actually gets here. This week in Denver has been up in the 80s and tomorrow its going to be almost 90. That certainly doesn't feel like fall. The last several years we have had our first big snow around Halloween. This year I can't see that happening. Maybe it will cool off really quickly and move from hot to freezing with snow but I would hate that.

There are things I love about all the seasons but this is one of my favorites. I love decorating with all the fun "fallish" things like wheat, pumpkins, pine cones etc. I love the smells of candles like spice, pumpkin, apple etc. I love being able to wear soft warm sweaters but not having to be so cold I can't talk when I walk outside. I love baking and cooking certain foods this time of year - pumpkin bread, apple turnovers, soups in bread bowls, fresh fall veggies, etc. One of my absolute favorite things is the trees changing colors - especially the aspens. I get to go to the mountains next weekend for a Women's Retreat and I can't wait just to take a walk and see all the beautiful trees. That is one thing that I love about Colorado that Texas just can't compete with. Hopefully Denver will actually get a fall instead of moving straight to winter - I guess we'll see.

0 comments: