CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Love Story Part 3

It's been awhile since the last installment - sorry.

The rest of sophomore year was a busy. Josh came to see my at Christmas break and surprised me. He met my family and hung out for a few days in Houston with extended family. Sing Song was in February - actually it was on Valentines Day. Josh sent me flowers and then came in for the weekend.
The end of that weekend my parents told me that they were going to get a divorce. Josh occupied my little sister at Sonic while my mom and dad talked to me. Later - and still - he has been incredibly understanding and supportive even when I have been an emotional wreck and a pain in the butt.
Josh continued working at Pleasant Ridge and we saw each other every few weeks if we could. We also continued to email up to several times a day. I know I mentioned this before but those emails were great. I think it really forced us to be real and open without too much of the dating "game" stuff.
During this time I also told a few close friends to convince me not to like Josh - I was having a hard time with us being apart and it was just not a lot of fun sometimes. I did eventually realize that if I was having to work so hard to not like him then that must me I really did like him a lot!

A "Camp Appropriate" hug during the summer of 2002

Part 4 - Getting Engaged

0 comments: