CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jackie Beth Shilcutt


My best friend has been staying with Josh and I for 2 weeks while she takes aerial dance classes in Boulder. In honor of the fun we have had and her visit I decided to make a top 10 (its actually 12 things because narrowing it down to 10 was too hard) list of JB/Shiloh moments.
These are in no particular order other than the order I thought of them in.

1. Going to Canada freshman year at ACU for the World Missions Workshop - Pack to be Mobile!!

2. Jumping into the pool at her home house with jeans and leadership camps t-shirts on - then giving those pictures to Bob and Jan with a caption that said "This is how excited we are about camp"

3. Sleepovers when we talk for a long time, pray before going to sleep and one of us always falls alseep during the prayer.

4. Sharing the Tour of Italy at Olive Garden and knowing what the other one gets at Subway.

5. Stapling hundreds of dixie cups together and covering the floor of our frineds bathroom, filling the cups with water and even putting goldfish in a few.

6.Camping with armed criminals (that is a really fun story).

7. All of the times we made up silly poems or songs and left them for our friends. We also went to Walmart with 3 dollars in change to see how much random stuff we could buy for a friend's birthday.

8. Learning to Lead - all 6 weeks we did it together. For that matter, all of Leadership Camps.

9. Car trips - these are a great test of friendship. One of my favorite trips was driving to Colorado from Abilene one summer in a tiny car with JB, Andy Zimmerman, Steve Sargent and Kyle Pevato

10. Making up and repeatedly doing the Shackles and Hands and Feet dances

11. Jackie Beth getting stuck in the trash can at her home house because of a hip cramp. We were videotaping the process of making a pie for Clint Burns' birthday and she crawled into the trashcan hole in the counter to pop out and say "surprise"

12. Dressing completely alike (same shoes, shirts, hair and everything) for an entire week and no one noticing until Thursday.

I started out wanting to write a top 10 list, it then grew to 12, I have aleady thought of about 5 more things that I wish I could add!! Friendships like this are incredibly special. I love that we have had too many times to count where we have laughed until our stomachs hurt, been open and real with each other, sat in silence and just hung out, had converstaions about faith and really expereinced God in deep and powerful ways. JB is on of those people I feel totally comfortable around, I love her wonderful family and no matter how long we go betweet visits with each other, when we see each other we pick up right where we left off. This friendship is such blessing from God and I can't wait to see how it continues to grow.

3 comments:

Leah J. said...

Such a special friendship!! Every time Shackles comes on the radio, I still do the dance to it ... to this day (what I can remember of it, anyways!:) ). Ha

Sam said...

I am glad that you and Jacki Beth have such a great friendship. It is so fun to find a person you really truly click with. Thanks for the card and pics by the way, it was such a nice surprise! That trip to San Diego was the best, I can still remember getting up in the morning and sitting in the chairs watching the marines run by. So cute!

Leah J. said...

I just set my blog to private ... send me your email through MySpace or Facebook and I will add you as a reader :)