CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 11, 2008

Camping Adventures



This weekend Josh and I went on the annual University Church Family Campout. This is our 5th campout with the church. The first one was about a week after we moved to Denver. We have had plenty of adventures on these campouts including being colder than I have ever been in my life, learning new games, hanging out with friends, hikes, and this year - having a flood in our tent!

On Saturday afternoon while we were napping it started raining and didn't stop for several hours. Josh and I woke up and when Josh rolled over he realized the thermarest mat was basically floating. The water made a huge puddle under our tent and seeped through the floor. We were ready to go home and chalk it up to another camping adventure but some friends told us we could stay in their camper. I ended up staying in the camper while Josh decided to sleep in the tent since he had a cot that would have him off the floor.

The rest of the trip went well. One of my favorite parts of the yearly trip is Saturday night when the whole group hangs out at one campfire, eats popcorn and s'mores and then has a devo. It is always such an amazing worship time and I love that the group is so diverse. Sunday morning we have church outside as well. This year I was thinking "Why can't worship be like this every Sunday?" It is so real, honest, relaxed and passionate in God's creation.

0 comments: