CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Best Day Ever

Saturday was a wonderful day. I woke up, took my time eating breakfast and enjoying the last few hours with an empty apartment. I had finished cleaning everything the day before so I could relax and sleep in.

About 2pm my best friend/matching twin/partner in crime Jackie Beth Shilcutt arrived at my apartment!! She is here for 2 weeks while she takes Aerial Dance Classes with a company in Boulder. She has one set of classes this week and another set next week. JB did the same thing last summer and took things like Bungee, Trapeze, Fabric, Stilts and other cool stuff. I'm excited to see what she is learning this summer.

Then, Saturday night at about 9pm I went to pick Josh up from the church. He just returned from a week long mission trip to Mexico with 15 other people. They drove to Monterrey and back - 25 hours each way in a van. They were all exhausted but really excited about the things they had done and experienced that week. One of the coolest parts that Josh told me about was that on the drive home they encounter a sheriff in Eagle Pass, TX who was thinking about starting some kind of youth group for the teens in the community so they would not get involved in drug trafficking - he happened to look over and see the van and trailer that said "University Church of Christ Youth Group" so he stopped to talk to Josh. Then, in Raton, NM there was a group of christian bikers who were handing out burgers and chips at a truck stop - they said they were ministering to other bikers headed to party for the weekend. Our group prayed for their ministry and they prayed for the teens as well.

So, between a relaxing day, JB coming to visit and my husband coming home it was a great day!!

1 comments:

Leah J. said...

Aww ... JB! Aren't Saturdays just the BEST?!