CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I play ball like a girl

This is the third (maybe forth) year that I have played Fantasy Football Pick 'Em. Basically instead of having a team and setting line ups, each week I pick the winners of all the games and choice a number of confidence points. I get the points for each game that I get right. Josh heads up a league with his dad, other youth ministers and friends. I have been the only girl since I started until this year when my sister-in-law Lauren played too.

Last year I ended I think in 4th place but....THIS YEAR I WON IT ALL! I was so proud of myself, not only for winning, but for winning the season that I was pregnant, had a baby, was sleep deprived AND that I beat a bunch of guys who love football.

In other exciting news: Josh got up to help me when Addison woke up screaming because she was hungry (you would have thought we were starving her). So, I run into her room, Josh wakes up and follows me but after a few minutes I told him to go back to bed. He walked out of her room and into ours and then I hear a loud scream followed by sounds of him in pain. I get up (while still trying to feed Addie so she doesn't cry) to go see if he is ok. Josh is on the floor after hitting his toe on our wooden bed. It's probably broken. He tells me to go keep feeding Addie and put her to bed because I can't really help him with her attached anyway. Josh goes to get an ice pack from the kitchen and ends up trailing blood through the house. Eventually his toe was bandaged and we are all back in bed asleep. It didn't help that Addison has gone back to not sleeping more than 4 hours at a time when for several weeks she was sleeping at least 6. Needless to say, we are all pretty tired today.

Our house is also a total disaster and driving me crazy. Last week a sweet friend gave me 12 boxes of baby and toddler clothes which I went through and sorted. I have boxes all over the living room that need to be taken somewhere else or put away in Addie's room. Josh leaves on Thursday to take his SALT (Servant Action Leadership Team) kids to Arlington for the Winterfest youth rally. Connie (who watches Addie while we work) is going with him so I have Addie all to my self for 4 1/2 days. I'm a little nervous about that since I'm already stressed and tired. I'm sure we will make it even if nothing else that I need to do gets done. It may also help that Addison is getting better at playing on her own, unfortunately she doesn't nap as often.

Other than the chaos that is pretty normal, life is going well. Sorry this post was so scattered. I'm at work and trying to do too many things at once!

2 comments:

erin f. said...

I am going to be at home alone with Ellie from Monday to Thursday of next week - it is kind of scary to think about. I'm pretty sure she and I will be sleeping in the same bed! I don't like to be alone at night, husbands out of town is no fun but maybe it will be good bonding time!

BrandyMcD said...

Don't worry about cleaning your house sweetie...There will be plenty of time for that later. Just make sure things are where you can find them and that should be enough to get you through the long weekend alone. Here's the poem that was in my room when I was a baby:

Cleaning and scrubbing can wait till tomorrow
For babies grow up, we learn to our sorrow
So quiet down cobwebs, dust go to sleep
I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep!