CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Haiti adoptions

My agency has several families that were in the process of adopting children in Haiti when the earthquake hit. The orphanage where the kids were was damaged but the biggest problem is that they don't have clean water. Some of my co-workers flew to Pittsburgh yesterday to meet a plan of children that have been evacuated from the orphanage. Several of these kids who had already been matched with adoptive families have been on the news. Below is a link to the story - 5 of the 6 kids are being adopted through our agency.

Here is the link:
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2010/01/17/tuchman.haiti.orphans.cnn?hpt=C2

There were over 10,000 orphans in Port-Au-Prince alone before the earthquake! I've been hearing a lot of work each day about not only this tragedy but how it directly affects people I work with and our clients. One of my co-workers has an adopted daughter from Haiti who is eleven. She has been unable to get in touch with any of her relatives.

I know that everyone has been in prayer about this situation and please continue to do so. I have been reminded over and over again the last few days of how blessed I am to have a home, clothing, clean water, a healthy child, medication and so many other things. I did not do anything to earn these blessings. I am not any more deserving because I live in the United States. My prayer is that people will come together to help and that Christians can be a reflection of Christ's love in this time.

If you are interested in how to help some of these children directly let me know.

1 comments:

Kaylee's Mommy said...

You are so blessed to be able to help so many children! My prayers are with the families that are in the process of adopting! Please keep us updated on all these special children.