CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 12, 2009

Interesting Observation

My cousin brought to my attention that when Addison is born it will be the first time in my life that I have met someone who is biologically related to me.

Wow! I hadn't thought about that before. I will actually know someone who shares part of my DNA. I guess it doesn't make that big of a difference but when I've never been able to say that before it's pretty cool.

Being adopted has never really been a huge struggle for me. Off and on it's been a source of confusion, frustration or whatever. I have never a burning desire to find my birth parents. When I became very sick after a trip to Africa my parents got ahold of my maternal grandparents who said they wouldn't even give us medical history. After that my desire to meet my bio family was even less. After hearing some research on the subject I do think that children who have been adopted often react more strongly to any type of change or loss and I can see that in myself. But it has still never been a big deal for me - being adopted was just part of what made me me. But I am definitely excited to be able to say that I will have one person that is genetically related to me.

2 comments:

erin f. said...

WOW! That is a very cool thing that you will get to share with your daughter. I love it, thanks for sharing that.

Ledbetter Fam said...

Wow! What a neat thought. Thanks for sharing.

JB