CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 29, 2009

Abilene

I was in Abilene all last week for Kadesh at ACU. The theme this year was Revolution and it deserves its own post within the next few days.

As much as I enjoyed Kadesh, just being in Abilene has nice. It is so familiar and comfortable that it makes me happy. I was able to eat Chicken Express and Taco Bueno - neither of which we have in Colorado. One of my favorite things was Cajun Cones! These are truly the best sno-cones on the entire planet and I ate way too many of them. There are a lot of flavors that I like but one of my favorites is the Blue Hawaiian. It is actually a sno-cream, is bright blue and tastes deliciously like coconut.

Sunday we went to church at Highland (where I went while at ACU). It was one of Mike Cope's last sermons there as the preacher. I tend to have a huge smile on my face whenever he says "pour through me the gift of preaching" as he prays before each sermon. After church I went to lunch with the Shilcutt family and my brother and sister-in-law at El Fenix. I miss Abilene Mexican food.

After lunch I went with Jackie Beth to her parent's house and we hung out at the pool. I guess I am no longer a true Texan because I got a sunburn even after using sunscreen. Admittedly, I did not use a super high SPF, but still.... Anyway, it was not very comfortable for a few days and then turned into a tan. The worst part was my ankles. My feet got pretty swollen because of the heat and even bruised turning an ugly purple color on the tops and sides. It doesn't neccesarily hurt it is just uncomfortable. I called the doctor's office on Tuesday and a nurse said just to keep them elevated while I sleep. That helped a lot but they were pretty big again each evening. I know the heat made this worse so hopefully it will at least be a little better now that I am back in Colorado.

I have several pictures of the trip that just haven't made it onto the computer yet but I will add them in the next few days.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I'm so glad you had a good week at Kadesh and visiting some favorite places in Abilene. I'm anxious to hear more about it. Hope your sunburn and your swollen feet get better.

erin f. said...

I love Abilene! I always feel such a mix of emotion going back there. Glad that Kadesh was good and you had a good trip.