CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 12, 2009

Weekend Updates

Josh was skiing at Crested Butte after NCYM and supposed to get back on Saturday after lunch. I was planning on going to lunch with my friend Molly that I haven't seen in almost a year then come home to see Josh. I had also scheduled for Josh to get a massage after skiing -he had a busy week.
Well, Molly and I met for lunch but it was a long wait to get in and then the waiter took awhile. So by the time we were done Josh was already home and was about to have to leave again. Frustrating.
As I was driving home (I was close to our church by Cherry Creek mall - very fancy and snotty) I was at a light and the poor girl behind me rear ended me which caused me to hit the mean lady in front of me. We looked at the cars, called the police and then drove to the mall parking lot. The girl that hit me was a nurse on her way home from the hospital. She was super apologetic and felt really bad. She was also worried because she was driving her roommates car. Her car really wasn't damaged and the lady's car that I hit (who also yelled at me) only had one little scratch. Unfortunately my car got the worst of it. I had several big scratches on the rear bumper. On the front the girl had been busted and it looks like the hood was pushed up some. It took about 2 hours until I was finally able to leave to start driving home. Josh and I were actually headed home about the same time and I was really wanting to go to the gym to work off the stress. So he drove to the gym with me, looked at the car and gave me a hug. Later that night we went to a movie and just hung out - nice and restful. A funny thing that happened was when I talked to my mom to tell her everything I said that my back and neck hurt and if it still hurt on Monday I would go to the doctor to make sure it was ok. What I actually said was "I will go make sure my back is ok". What mom heard was "I will go make sure the baby is ok". She proceeded to get excited until I quickly reassured her that as far as I know I am not pregnant. It made me laugh.

That was Saturday, now on to Sunday.
I love our youth group! We had a JAM session (Jesus and Me) after church on Sunday afternoon. It was great. The guy that lead the devo did a wonderful job. We are watching Nooma videos and then talking about them. This particular one was called Kickball and was about how sometimes when God says no it is because he has something better in store and our perspective is fairly limited. The video was Rob Bell's son wanting a silly little toy at the mall when his parents (unknown to him) had already planned to buy him something better (a kickball). The son was upset, threw a fit in the mall etc. But he was thrilled when he got the kickball later. The kids talked about if it is ok to question God and get angry sometimes. They decided that those times are the times that help you grow. A part in the video was Rob Bell saying that if he gave his son everything he wanted, what kind of life would that be. We also talked about what good would it be if God always said yes to what we wanted? We would get all kinds of junk when he has things much better in store. Anyway, it was a good fellowship time and reminded me of the truths that God is good and His plan is bigger than ours. That is something that Josh and I repeatedly struggled with after our miscarriages. It was hard to understand why we lost two babies when what we wanted was something good. We learned more about trusting God and His timing to take care of us. I know that He has good things in store for us and our family, I just don't know what that plan is. I do pray often for glimpses into His plan though.

So that was the two big things of my weekend. Hopefully I will get the car fixed soon!

1 comments:

BrandyMcD said...

When we were having our own struggles I read A Few Good Eggs and one of the authors said her priest told her it was okay to be angry with God because He was big enough to handle it. At that point I decided I would let myself be angry with God too, even if for just a little while. It felt great because I WAS angry and didn't know who to direct it at. But becoming angry with God meant that I had to admit that it really was partly His fault because He was the one in control. Which led me to give up my own sense of control over the situation. It was a weird circle but really healthy and in the end drew me closer to God.